Wind Turbine Installers in Fife, Scotland
“We are currently not supplying this service”
R.B. Grant Electrical Contractors provide fully installed small scale wind turbines and supply the electrical infrastructure for large scale turbines. We supply our wind turbine installation and design services all over Scotland. Our staff are skilled and qualified Wind Turbine Installers for small scale wind turbines for domestic, commercial and industrial use. We are approved by MCS installers scheme and can allow our clients access to FIT for small scale wind turbines.
Wind turbines extract energy from the wind by using the power of the wind to turn blades that drives a turbine. This power is fed into a generator that converts the energy into electrical energy which is used to run household appliances and lighting.
The electricity produced by wind power can also be sold directly back to the grid. You can obtain the feed in tariff and a payback within 4 to 5 years typically. Using a renewable energy can save you money and help reduce climate change.
Is your home in a suitable location for a wind turbine?
- Ensure there are no obstacles near you home like trees, buildings or hills. This reduces turbulence making the wind turbine more effective.
Do you need planning permission?
- Domestic turbines do require planning permission from your local government authority.
Is your home located in a remote area?
- A remote area is suitable as there are no obstacles and can be useful if your home is not near the national grid.
- To gain the benefits of a wind turbine, you should consider a wind turbine if the annual average wind speed in your local area is 5m/s or greater.
How much space do you need for a turbine?
- Land area must be at least 2.5 times the height of the mast and a width of at least 2 metres wider than the rotor
- Local planning requirements
- Servicing access
- Turbines should be sited at least 20m away from the building
Domestic Wind Turbines
- Roof mounted: are installed on the roof of a home
- Mast mounted: are free standing and are situated in a open space
- Small turbines are perfect for domestic use whilst larger units are available
- for commercial purposes.
- Wind turbines are available in a range of sizes which means a vast range of people and businesses can use them. Single households to small towns and villages can make good use of range of wind turbines.
- See Small Wind Turbines – and read about the Kestrel e400nb.
Advantages of wind turbines:
- Reduce electricity bills
- Simple to run
- Low noise pollution
- Sell electricity back to the grid
- Store electricity
- Reduce your carbon footprint
We supply a full design and installation service for solar panels and solar photovoltaic equipment from our Fife base all over Scotland.