NICEIC Electrical Contractors, Fife, Scotland
NICEIC approved contractor
R.B. Grant Electrical Contractors have been approved by the NICEIC for over 25 years and are approved contractors and domestic installers. We are proud to be NICEIC members and provide piece of mind to our customers. The NICEIC make sure we keep up with all the latest regulations and standards.
We provide the following NICEIC services:
- NICEIC electrical reports
- NICEIC fixed wiring installation certification
- NICEIC minor electrical certification
- NICEIC emergency lighting reports
- NICEIC fire alarm installation reports
- NICEIC domestic electrical installation certificates
- NICEIC periodic inspection reports
- NICEIC Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)
- NICEIC smoke alarm certificates
Electrical contractors register with the organisation to become approved contractors, meeting the NICEIC’s specification of training. If work undertaken by the approved contractor is not up-to-standard, the NICEIC will correct it if necessary. Work is checked by 54 local Area Engineers. Many local authorities only give work to NICEIC-approved electricians.
Most electrical items in domestic wiring are controlled from the consumer unit with its residual-current device (RCD), which since 2001 has to be installed. Homes are wired in a ring circuit.
To be an approved contractor, the electrician must:
- Ensure work is carried out to the current edition of BS 7671; the IET Wiring Regulations
- Ensure certification is issued on completion of installation work, as directed by BS 7671
- Have up-to-date copies of BS 7671
- Have competence with test instruments as outlined by Part 6 (“Inspection and Testing”) of BS 7671; the IET Wiring Regulations
- Have public liability insurance of at least £2m.