EPC – Energy Performance Certificates
R.B. Grant Electrical Contractors supply EPC – Energy Performance Certificates for domestic properties throughout Scotland.
An EPC is required when a property is constructed, sold or rented. This includes homes, public sector and business premises. Each requires an EPC that will remain valid for ten years.
The EPC examines the following:
- Loft insulation
- Hot water tank
- Windows (double glazing)
An EPC contains the following information on a property:
- Energy use and energy cost for a property
- Current levels of carbon dioxide emissions
- Energy efficiency of the dwelling at present (current)
- Efficiency if the cost effective measures were implemented in future (potential)
- Recommendations on how to reduce energy use and energy bills
- Energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient)
Domestic Energy Performance Certificates (EPC)
- Domestic EPC’s are required when selling or letting a domestic property
- Valid for 10 years
- A valid EPC only requires to be upgraded if you have made improvements to the property (required for sale/rental)
R.B. Grant are a Green Deal accredited installer and aim to ensure our customers make real savings and keep their energy bills low.