Solar PV Panels Installers in Fife Scotland
R.B. Grant supply, design and install solar pv panel systems all over Scotland from our Fife base - for domestic, commercial and industrial solar panel systems from 1kw to 50MW. We are the solar panel installers you can trust. We can offer a 4kw system from £4500 fully installed and certificated.
We are a family run business established in 1974 who are trusted installers of photovoltaic (PV) solar panel systems and the number one choice for solar PV installations in the Fife area and all over Scotland.
We are MCS accredited solar PV installers in Scotland, certifiers of construction and members of REAL assurance. Our MCS approval allows our customers to access the feed-in tariff for 25 years. This helps to reduce the pay back time to around 8 to 10 years and then the solar panels will make you money for the remaining period. With the rising energy costs and the peak value for the feed-in tariff, there is never a better time to consider a photovoltaic solar panel system.
We provide a quality service from the initial design right through to the feed-in tariff registration. All our staff are fully qualified solar PV engineers and can provide a quality installation in the home and in commercial premises. All our design services are free for solar PV.
Solar PV installation review
Mr Morris ” We had many quotes for solar panels before choosing RB Grant. Many of the other companies used pushy salesman who knew very little about solar. We were very happy with the survey and the information provided relating to the panels and the inverter. The fact they did not want a deposit was very reassuring and we felt happy that the both the price and the design was good. The system was installed in the day. The electrician worked inside and managed to hide the cable and even cleaned up after himself. The roofers actually alerted us to a few broken and squint tiles which they repaired and no extra cost. The system was explained to us by the electrician before he left. Mr Grant also helped us fill in all of the necessary paper work for our energy supplier. We have generated far more than was estimated in the last 6 months and could not recommend RB Grant enough. A quality company who really care about their customers .
The Advantages of Solar Electricity
- Reduce your carbon footprint
- Store electricity
- Reduce electricity bills
- Obtain a solar panel grant or loan
- Sell electricity back to the grid via the feed in tarriff at 43.3p
- Renewable and reliable solar energy
- Low maintenance solar
- Silent – no noise pollution
How do Solar PV Systems work?
Solar Photovoltaic systems (solar panels) use energy from the sun to create electricity used to run household appliances and lighting. When sun light shines on a Photovoltaic (PV) panel, an electric field is created across the cell resulting in the flow of electricity.
Using a renewable energy can save you money and help reduce climate change.
Types of Solar PV Panel
We supply and specify a wide range of solar panels and inverters. Solar PV panels come in a variety of styles:
- Grey ‘solar tiles’
- Transparent solar panels – for use in conservatories and glass
- Coloured panels
- All black solar panel for a discreet installation
- Hybrid Cells – thin film and crystalline solar cells
At R.B. Grant we can find which solar panels are the best for you. We choose from a range of solar power products to provide the most effective and efficient solar PV panel system for all our customers.
Is my home right for Solar PV Panels?
Is your home in a suitable location for solar panels?
Ensure your home is not over-shadowed by trees or buildings. This can reduce the output of the system.
Do you need a building warrant for solar panels?
You may require a building warrant from Edinburgh Council but as certifiers of construction we can apply for the warrant and approve the installation.
Do you need planning permission?
Always obtain planning permission from your local government authority in case the property is a listed building or in a conservation area in Edinburgh. We can help with this.
Is your roof strong enough?
Solar panels and the mounting can be heavy. The roof must be strong enough to take their weight. We can arrange a structural engineer report where required.
Solar Panel Installers Scotland
Our fully qualified team of designers, installers and certifiers deliver a quality solar panel installation at a competitive cost. All our installations are covered by a 5 / 10 year product, 10-year workmanship and 25-year output warranty.
- Fitting of roof fittings
- Fitting of solar panel
- DC (Direct current) to inverter from solar panel array
- AC (Alternating current) to meter into household fuse box
- Addition of generation and export meter
Our prices – fully installed:
- 2kw from £2,800
- 3kw from £3,700
- 4kw from £4,500
Examples of our work:
For example, a 3kw electric photovoltaic solar panel with generate £1,000 per year and £25,000 for the standard lifetime of the units. To see more examples have a look at our Photovoltaic Panels (PV Panels) Feed in Tariff / Payback page.
For a free quote, contact us today. You can trust R.B. Grant to provide a quality service at a competitive price for solar PV installations.
Zero-interest loans of up to £2,000 are available for Scottish householders to help them install heat and electricity generating renewable systems - Energy Savings Trust, Home Renewables Loan Scheme.
- Our Solar Panel Brochure
- Solar Panel FAQ’s
- Hybrid Solar Panels: HIT Solar Cells
- Energy Saving Scotland - Home Renewables Loan Application Form
- SunPower Solar Photovoltaic PV Panels
- Solar PV Panels for Farms
- Solar PV Off-Grid System Accessories
- Our Solar Panel Installations
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installer, Aberdeen
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installer, Dundee & Broughty Ferry, Angus
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installer, Edinburgh
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installer, Glasgow
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installer, Perth & Kinross
- Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Panel Installer, Stirling
Solar Panel links:
Our services cover every area of electric photovoltaic solar panel systems from:
- Site assessment to system design, supply, installation and maintenance of PV panels
- Full site suitability survey – no obligation and free
- Help with application of solar panel grants and interest free loans
- Assessment of likely solar panel energy generation and savings
- Advice on planning and building warrant issues
- Site preparation for solar PV installation
- Assistance with connection to grid and the ‘Feed in Tariff’
- Full installation service and full in-house certification
- 5-year product and 10-year installation warranty
- Annual maintenance contracts and support